Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Indulgences - So Long to the Circus

I'm really feeling vintage circus these days so I thought I'd start our Weekly Indulgences with a circus theme! Each Monday I will post a list of fancy items for self and home that are deliciously Luxette.



This adorable heart-shaped pillbox by Apatico reminds me of a dainty tight-rope walker. This kind of versatile hat can be worn for dinner, that fancy club you like, tea time or a fancy photo shoot. What's great about small hats is they can be worn with several types of outfits. Plus, the simple colors allow you to take more color liberties in your alternate outfits! You could wear this with blue, copper, red, green or anything else!




This gorgeous necklace from Bionic Unicorn is made from hand enameled recycled parts. It's simple yet decadent and what the Luxette likes, versatile. This necklace would look great with anything from a classic party dress to a blouse and knickers.



Fluvogs are by far the best quality shoes I've ever owned. I had a pair that lasted me six years and the only reason I got rid of them was because they didn't fit me anymore. I'm sure all these years later I'd still be wearing them if they fit!


They make several styles for men and women and they have a lot of crossover appeal. They are a bit expensive in the up front, but since they last so long you'll save money on shoes by not having to buy replacement pairs.



Clever circus/sideshow themed wines by Vinaneous. Gotta love people who go all out on idea and design.





The military/marching band look comes in and out every few seasons, so you can pick up a jacket for either gender and utilize it in many ways, including a circus themed outfit.






Blush makes any lady look young, healthy and sweet. It's a key article of makeup that is often overlooked because many ladies don't know which color will work for them. I personally went through a wasteful trial and error period of buying blushes I thought would work on my dark skin. Some made my face look dirty, some made me look sick. I finally ended up going to Sephora to ask for help and they helped me find a sweet pink that is bright enough to show up on my skin, yet subtle enough to keep me from looking like a bar tramp. If you want to venture into the world of blush, I recommend anything by Urban Decay, Sephora's store brand (good if you're on a budget), Benefit, and Tarina Tarentino.




This striped Fendi hatbox purse is...amazing! You could use this for anything from dinner to the club, the opera or shopping. It's just fantastic.


Until next time, stay beautiful, stay handsome, stay Luxette!
<3Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment